jueves, 4 de junio de 2015

FORMATIVE AND SUMMATIVE ASSESMENT MAP



Today I want to share with you guys, what I have learned about assessment, and the two major types of it.

There are two major types of assessment, which are Formative and Summative.

Formative assessment it is focused on providing feedback without real consequences. Also the focus is on the process rather than the grade. Some examples of formative assessmente are reviewing homework and classroom work; observing students as they read, work with others, carry out assignments, or solve problems; talking with students; and listening to student responses during a lesson.

In the other hand, Summative assessment focuses in provide an overall measure of performance. The process is focused on passing a grade. Some examples of summative assessments are: tests, final exams, graded projects, work portfolios, PSAT exams and SAT and ACT exams, ungraded quizzes and porfolio review

Now, let's take a look at the concept map to understand better what is assessment and the types of it.



This is my second time doing concept maps, and honestly I think this time my map was better. It was much easier to do it and organized information, taking into consideration the previous feedback from my classmates. This is a task which is still challenging but I am trying to do it better and I hope to see your comments below.

1 comentario:

  1. Your introduction is totally complete. I caught the idea of the topic and this time your concept map looks better than the first one.

    ResponderEliminar